October 21, 2009

Making sweet music

This weekend, I'll be in San Francisco throwing a bachelorette party for my sister. Part of the weekend will be a road trip, for which I have compiled a mixed CD: "First Dance Song Suggestions: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly." Here's the playlist.
  1. "All I Want Is You" (U2)
  2. "In Your Eyes" (Peter Gabriel)
  3. "Kiss Me" (Sixpence None The Richer)
  4. "Love Song" (Death Cab for Cutie)
  5. "Wild Horses" (The Sundays)
  6. "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" (Lauryn Hill)
  7. "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" (Diana Ross)
  8. "Could It Be I'm Falling In Love" (The Spinners)
  9. "Happy Together" (The Turtles)
  10. "I Got You Babe" (Sonny & Cher)
  11. "I Say A Little Prayer" (Dionne Warwick)
  12. "Islands In The Stream" (Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers)
  13. "Let's Call The Whole Thing Off" (Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong)
  14. "Love And Marriage" (Frank Sinatra)
  15. "Love Is Strange" (Mickey & Sylvia)
  16. "Oh, What A Night" (The Four Seasons)
  17. "You're My First, My Last, My Everything" (Barry White)
  18. "At Last" (Etta James)
  19. "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" (Elton John)
  20. "Endless Love" (Diana Ross & Lionel Richie)
  21. "It Had To Be You" (Harry Connick, Jr.)
  22. "Lady In Red" (Chris DeBurgh)
  23. "Something" (The Beatles)
  24. "We've Only Just Begun" (The Carpenters)
  25. "You Are So Beautiful" (Joe Cocker)
  26. “I Only Want to be With You” (Vonda Shepard)
I'm happy about this playlist because of the balance between actually good songs (the 'Love Song' cover by Death Cab for Cutie) and the ridiculously awesome songs ('You're the First, the Last, the Everything,' by Barry White. Ow.). Embarrassingly enough, it was way more of those "awesome" songs that I already had in my CD collection (Yes, I own the 'Ally McBeal' soundtrack.).

Trevor and I danced to 'At My Most Beautiful' by REM, and the wedding we attended last week was all about the Flaming Lips's 'Do You Realize??", but with only 80 minutes to a CD, there are clearly limits. Maybe there should be a volume 2 once the wedding date rolls around - any suggestions?

0 comments: