So, to get in the spirit, I spent some time tonight while making stuffing getting all teary-eyed thinking about all that I'm thankful for, like:
- Amazing friends who supported a life-changing decision to quit my job and make a cross-country move.
- A sister who impresses me everyday with her ability to keep balance in her life AND find time to call me regularly.
- A new city to explore.
- A cat who makes me laugh at least once a day.
- Supportive, smart, amazingly considerate parents.
- A husband who is smarter, funnier, more considerate and better in every way than every romantic lead in every movie out there.
- This new community that I work and live in, which is full of diverse, supportive and kind people.
- A Grandma who, at 95, is in complete control of her mind and getting spunkier every year.
- To have in-laws that I don't think of as in-laws, just as family.
- Time to sit around thinking about all the things to love about my life.
- And also: avocados, campfires, Entertainment Weekly and Ellen Degeneres.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!