Here’s just a taste of some miscellaneous factoids I’ve picked up over the last few months:
- ‘One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest’ was the first movie produced by Michael Douglas, when he was just 31. His father – Kirk Douglas – had owned the rights to the movie for years, and had originally planned to star in it himself.
- Rhea Perlman and Danny DeVito have been married since 1982. Consider them totally on my list of Couples that Just Can’t Break Up.
- Jack Nicholson has four children, from three different women, and hasn’t been on a talk show since 1971.
- Robert Duvall, Jimmy Stewart, Katherine Hepburn and Robert De Niro are the most represented actors on the AFI Top 100 Movie List.
- Buddies for life Jon Favreau and Vince Vaughn became friends when working on ‘Rudy’. Did you even remember that they were in that? Me either.
- Will Ferrell is from Irvine, California! (That's the OC, yo)
- Jay Mohr was on Saturday Night Live in the early 90s. I had no idea he ever did something legitimate.
- Viggo Mortensen is 50 years old. Isn’t that older than you’d think?
- Though she was raised in Australia, Naomi Watts was actually born in England. Her dad was a sound engineer for Pink Floyd.