April 17, 2009

Let’s make sweet music

Today is supposed to get up to 70 degrees. This, combined with the marathon on Monday and the realization that May is just 2 weeks away, it feels like the good weather might be here to stay, and that means I need some new music.

Come again?

Last year at this time, I discovered that I could circumvent the shuttle I typically rode to work, with its pesky limiting schedule, by walking from the train station to my office in the mornings, and back every evening. I was winding down my tenure at my old job at the time and had a lot going on, but I was committed to not being stressed out – creating my own schedule was key. It was 2.5 miles each way and would take about 35 minutes, and that me-time in the sun was a real gift. With decent weather here again, it's time to get back to that.

Mornings were great for NPR podcasts. Starting your day with some news and insight can wake you up even better than coffee. But the afternoon walks were all about the music. Last year’s steady rotation of Limbeck and the Raconteurs served me very well, but, it’s a new year, it’s a new walk, and I need some new music. Take a listen to some of my favorite songs by the bands that provided last year’s soundtrack, and send your recommendations my way. (Click on the blue Play button to listen from here, or follow the links to iLike for videos, etc.)

0 comments: