January 9, 2009

Hungry?

Boston Magazine has just released their list of Boston’s 50 Best Restaurants. To get to ‘em, they combined editorial reviews from the major news outlets here, as well as Chowhound and Yelp. Of the 50, I’ve been to 8, which is equal to the number of restaurants I hadn’t even heard of. I probably won’t make it to more than another 8, because let’s be honest, these places are expensive and fancy restaurants don’t tend to be the most vegetarian-friendly places in the world, especially when they’re French (Or when they’re named, say “The Butcher Shop.”). But, it’s a great list to have, as a handy reference for where to go during Restaurant Week (the awesome twice yearly event that has restaurants around town offer a prix fixe menu for $30), or the next time Trevor or I get a massive promotion/bonus/raise.

At the top of my To Go list are Uni and Dante, and the next time someone’s in town with a car (Got that, sister o' mine?) we should make Blue Ginger a priority. Some random thoughts before the whole list – My favorite name on the list (and one of the ones I’d never heard of) is T.W. Food. Love it. The best of the restaurants that I’ve been to is Ten Tables. I lived 2 blocks away from Lineage and never made it there. I don’t know if going to “Hell Night" at East Coast Grille should count, since it’s a different menu – same thing with Union, since I’ve only been there for brunch, but hey, I need the numbers. And finally, the only one on here I’ve been to more than once: Toro. I would walk there in a snowstorm for that corn – luckily, it’s now served at Ken Oringer’s gazillionth Boston restaurant, La Verdad, conveniently located a 10 minute walk from our condo.

Here’s the full list:

  1. O Ya
  2. L'Espalier
  3. No. 9 Park
  4. Uni
  5. Clio
  6. Aujourd'hui
  7. Radius
  8. Hungry Mother
  9. Hamersley's Bistro
  10. Oleana
  11. Craigie on Main
  12. Meritage
  13. Salts
  14. Oishii
  15. Ten Tables
  16. Neptune Oyster
  17. Icarus
  18. Persephone
  19. Mistral
  20. Sorellina
  21. Rialto
  22. B&G Oysters
  23. Troquet
  24. Lumiere
  25. Pigalle
  26. Toro
  27. Blue Ginger
  28. Upstairs on the Square
  29. Excelsior
  30. Benatti
  31. Sage
  32. TW Food
  33. Locke-Ober
  34. Taranta
  35. Rendezvous
  36. L’Andana
  37. The Butcher Shop
  38. Via Matta
  39. Dante
  40. Scampo
  41. 51 Lincoln
  42. Lineage
  43. Bistro Five
  44. Grill 23
  45. East Coast Grill
  46. Estragon
  47. Union Bar and Grille
  48. Il Capriccio
  49. Bin 26 Enoteca
  50. Avila

1 comments:

Jezka said...

Got ya beat with 13...although there are many more I want to visit...maybe I can take you out somewhere...

Almost every one I've gotten gift certificates for for work, though!